1. Thanks. I know, but when you change the volume on a Mac, it makes a clicky noise, so I just kept trying to talk louder.
2. I know. ;) Rawr.
Wow, incredible! You’re the inspiration, my dear. And good timing with Ct5K. I’ve heard exercise can do wonders for quitting cigs. :) Thanks so much for writing in, and please let me know how your changes impact things. Have a horrific Halloween! <3
Very cool. I don’t really pay attention to Dr. Oz because I don’t trust a TV doctor not to be influenced by a paycheck. But that doesn’t mean he’s wrong on everything. Just that I’m a skeptic. Do let me know, and feel free to send me the link!
Good luck babe. :)
- stanleypoobrick: Me - Would you love me if I was fat? My boyfriend- Maybe, but don't test it.
- Me: Leave him.
- stanleypoobrick: I don’t mean to be rude but you run a “weight loss blog” so you can’t really say he’s in the wrong.
- Me: I’m losing weight for my health. Not for a man. Every man I’ve ever been with has loved me no matter my size because he loves me for me.
There’s a huge Halloween party on the Disney production lot today, and one of the things I picked up was a card with 10 healthy living tips. I think it’s fantastic that they had these in an atmosphere normally filled with candy and party foods. Here are Disney’s 10 tips. (Any additions/comments by me are italicized. I’m adding gifs to break up the text.)
1. TRY to rise and shine with light stretches. Have you noticed how dogs and cats stretch when they get up? They’re onto something! Even just 5 minutes of light stretching like touching your toes or reaching for the sky gets blood flowing, helping your body wake up and be ready for the day. This works wonders. If you wake up tired, a good stretch can really gear you up for the day!
2. TRY building a breakfast with a boost. Did you know the 8-12 hours between dinner and breakfast is like fasting all day? Breaking that fast helps boost your metabolism and keep you alert (fruit, yogurt, whole grain bread are great starts).
3. Try a “smart snack” - fruits and veggies contain a wide variety of nutrients that can protect cells, lower blood pressure and help brain function. Plus many of them (like apples, bananas, oranges) even come in their own convenient wrappers! That’s smart!
4. TRY to play your way for 60 minutes a day. Activities like walking, dancing, yoga, and biking all help to keep your heart strong. You can do 15 minutes at a time or 60 minutes all at once. It all counts! Play time is one of the best ways to get in extra movement. Who says burning calories can’t be fun?
5. TRY a better beverage. Switching one can of regular soda for H2O each day, can save you thousands of calories a year! Want more flavor? Adding lemons, oranges, or other fruit to your water is a great way to infuse flavor. Also try low-cal additives like Mio or Crystal Light. But beware of the synthetic sugars if you’re a diabetic, like me.
6. TRY a new meeting style - walk while you talk! It might even help get creative ideas flowing and it can count toward your 60 minutes of activity a day! Don’t forget your sunscreen!
7. TRY to read before you feed: Ingredients on packaged foods are listed in the order used - from highest to lowest. To get big nutritional bang for your buck TRY eating foods where wholesome ingredients top the list!
8. TRY desk moves you can use. Sitting at a desk for a long time can make your back slouch and muscles numb. Without ever leaving your seat, TRY ankle rotations, calf flexes, or torso twists to help you concentrate.
9. TRY simple switches and score! Switching out your candy dish on your desk or conference room table with a bowl of fruit or nuts is a great way to stay more energized throughout the day. I tried doing this in my office. They switched it back. :(
10. TRY a calming yoga move at the end of your day to help you digest, relax and get ready for good night’s sleep. Sleep can help your body maintain its metabolim and replenish its energy! Zzzzz.
I wish I could post a picture of it, but I already took a big chunk out of it, and I’m on my work computer. Let me tell you a bit about this tasty bit of awesome:
Fresh bits of that thin bitter green that looks like lettuce if you pulled off the leafy parts. (What’s that called??)
BOOM. Sandwich. This thing is super tasty and refreshing. I can’t believe it.
First off, love the smiley right at the start. It’s like “Don’t fear the anon! I come baring grins!” I’m naming you Smiley. That’s right, I gave you a new name.
Second, I know your exact pain! I plateaued right about there for ages before I gained this weight back. It can be a beast! Let’s start with a breakdown: You exercise a lot. That’s great! But what kind of exercises? Cardio, though it can feel more intense at times, actually doesn’t help with weight loss as much as many think. Of course it helps, just not at the top of the list of workout options. Are you doing strength training? Weight lifting and individual muscle-building will help you burn much more fat than cardio alone because the muscle you build keep burning fat throughout the day, not just when you exercise.
Next up, the food. Let’s help you get on track. :) I want you to eat like everyone’s watching. That’s what helps me. Here’s what you do: at the beginning of each day, create a post on your blog and save it as a draft. Every time you eat something, add it to your post. At the end of the day, click publish. If you’re not comfortable showing the world what you ate that day, you know you made a wrong turn, and you know what to fix. (*Note, this works for many, but not all. Some people are too self conscious to let anyone know they ate anything ever. Please do not do this. Eating is important. Just make healthy choices.) I know I usually watch myself WAY better when I’m posting my full food log to you guys. May have to start doing that again.
And finally, drink your water! That can be one of the easiest places to slip without noticing. Sip water throughout the day. It helps!
Get back to me, Smiley, in a week or two. Let me know how it goes! <3
Danke! I will post my tips together later tonight when I’m at home. The files are all on that computer. I’m also planning on making a video tonight, but it depends purely on how long I can stand to wear this costume makeup! Hehehe
Thanks! Yeah, I put up about 8 or so. I’m going to start making more after all of this Halloween stuff is over. Would it help if I uploaded all of the ones I have so far in one photo set?
- Coworkers: You simply HAVE to come to work in costume! Everybody does!
- Me: Really? Okay.
- Me: *chooses semi-elaborate costume a month in advance*
- Coworkers: I'm excited for Monday! Costumes! Halloween!
- Me: *show up to work in semi-elaborate costume*
- Coworkers: *totally not in anything resembling a costume*
- Me: ...fuck.
Look at me, not even a week in and falling behind already. :-P Been busy for Halloween weekend.
Day five: Is there any specific event you want to lose the weight for?
My high school reunion. I know it’s not for another 5 years, but I’ve always dreamed of coming back thin because I was 300lbs in high school, and I know people mistreated me for it. I want to rub it in their faces. Most vindictive thing I’ve ever plotted, I think.
Day six: Have you ever been overweight or underweight?
I’ve been overweight since I was about 7 years old. I don’t know what it is to be at a healthy weight. Medical issues made me gain weight pretty early in life and keep it on.
TWO random gifs of the day to make up for the day I missed:
Some families are by blood, some are by bond. This family is by blog.
My twin: Losing-Lindsay-Loo
My sister: MicroMoose
My brother: A-Speel
My secret lover: Dahmersdiner
My BAMF of a mom: FatAssToSkinnyBitch
My wise dad: ProfessorFalconer
My loveable puppy: RaptorPirate
I heart-button all of you!
(Sorry if you didn’t end up on the list. Just didn’t want the post to go on for miles! I still love you, too.)
I have calmed down, deleted the two stupid anon posts, and deleted my rant. It has been a long, unpleasant day, and I can’t really type much more because one of the things that made this day so unpleasant is a serious problem with both my eyes. And my glasses have gone missing. So I’m going to go to bed and hope to wake up to a better day.
As for the anons, I’m turning it off for now. I’m tired of being a victim to self-important cyber bullies.
Quite possibly. :)
Yeah, it just flat out annoys me when people assume that everyone has the same luxuries as them. I share a one-bedroom. I don’t even have a living room to work out in because it’s where my roommate sleeps.
I wish dried strawberries came cheaper. :(
Considered? Yes. Done it? No. Diet pills are not safe for most healthy people. With my surgically altered digestive system, it’s not worth the safety risk. Diet pills can damage your liver and other vital organs. And they give a lot of folks diarrhea.
…because not everybody has stairs in their home.
I used to use gum to fight sugar cravings, but now I find it just makes me hungry. :-P
I’m not a watermelon person, but I could probably do well with cantaloupe. :)
Apparently someone thinks it’s a bad photoshop. Um… it’s an actual photo. Of a sandwich. On two different plates. Why would someone even photoshop that? It takes way less work to just make the sandwich. Although, it technically wasn’t my sandwich. It was my roommate’s. His sandwich is Tumblr famous now. XD
Eat Fruit! Lol, I know it doesn’t sound that appealing, but it takes care of your hunger and thirst munchies. Plus they’re good for you :)
Carrots and hummus! I know you’re looking for how do I not eat advice, but it’s really impossible with the munchies.
I’m not looking for how-not-to-eat advice. I never support starving yourself. But your suggestion does sound like a good idea. Never had the stuff, but I’ve heard good things!
Fruit, granola, veggies, frozen yogurt cups…anything healthy that’s around but easily munchable. I used to eat candy, but now apples do it.
Also a good suggestion!
Try baking thin slices of apples, pears, or other fruit in the oven and keeping them around. It’s a great replacement for things like chips.
Ooo, baking them? Any more details on that? It sounds tasty!
I FEEL YOUR PAIN! if you pack a little bit of tobacco in your bowl it helps balance it out, cause cigarettes kill your apetite :)
I don’t smoke cigarettes. They’re full of all kinds of extra poisons, and they make me nauseous just from the smell.
Ice water! I have little munchies around, but mostly drink sips of ice water and chew gum to stave off most of the cravings
Often times when you smoke weed, your mouth can feel very dry. I’m not sure that gum would help this or make it worse. The water is good, though!
Awesome ideas! Thank you very much. I will try them. ^^
So here it is out in the open: I smoke weed. Regularly. I use it to treat my back and ulcer pain instead of popping the codeine pills my general practitioner prescribed. If you have a problem with pot, please stop here and scroll elsewhere because I’m not looking to quit. It is the best thing I’ve found to treat my pain in a non-addictive manor. Now, here’s my problem: have you ever tried maintaining your calorie count when you have the munchies?
I usually come home with just enough calories left for dinner, but then I get hungry when I smoke.
I could really use some tips on what others do to maintain a diet while smoking.
*A little extra: After the new year starts, our FSA will be refreshed, meaning I will be able to afford to start doing physical therapy for my back. I’m also considering acupuncture. As for the ulcer, time and meds will heal that. But treating the pain is all I can do at the moment.
I’m sick of seeing the same “after” picture for every girl. Some of these comments are derived from people I know and are NOT just from assumptions about photos.
1. I will not start tanning. (I like my fair skin. It suits me.)
2. I will not dye my hair blonde. (No offense to blondes. As I’ve mentioned in the past, I’m just annoyed with how 70% of before-and-after pics feature the “after” shot in which the girl has dyed her hair blonde, and I don’t understand why that is.)
3. I will not start wearing mini skirts. (I don’t want to check every 2 minutes if my skirt is riding up.)
4. I will not start wearing thongs. (They’re fucking uncomfortable!)
5. I will never, EVER do duck-face in a photo. (It’s not flattering, no matter what your size is.)
6. I will not start clubbing. (That’s just not who I am.)
7. I will not start sleeping with every guy I meet. (Yeah, no.)
8. I will not suddenly think it’s okay to eat junk again. (Being thinner doesn’t mean your body is invulnerable to crap.)
9. I will not start wearing more makeup. (I only wear lipstick, and that’s how I like it.)
10. I will not let myself go back to where I was. (Ever.)
Day four: Do you work out? How many times a week?
At the moment, no, I haven’t been working out for the last couple weeks. But I will be starting the Couch to 5K training program next weekend, and that requires working out every other day. :)
Random gif of the day: