Regarding Artificial Sugars & Sweeteners
Speaking with my endocrinologist today, she told me about studies that are being done on artificial sugars and sweeteners. Apparently there’s a strong correlation between the introduction of such products to our society (and one’s diet) and the increase in American obesity. There are suspicions that these products may actually trigger hunger or through some other means directly contribute to weight gain.
As for me, I avoid artificial sugars and sweeteners because they tend to have nasty affects on my blood sugar. But my recommendation is to stay away when possible. My endo specifically said that, when given the choice, one should always try to choose natural sugar over artificial. We fuss about this with produce and meat; why do so few pay mind to consuming a natural/organic version of the plant product we call sugar?
- dowatiwantpink reblogged this from girlgrowingsmall and added:
- offthecoff likes this
- liz-gets-fit reblogged this from girlgrowingsmall
- ajlovefit reblogged this from fitforinfinity
- richbitchdress likes this
- ajlove likes this
- fitforinfinity reblogged this from girlgrowingsmall and added:
- girlgrowingsmall posted this