So I made this for dinner tonight. OMG SO GOOD!!!! DO IT! (Not my pic, though. I ate it before I could take a pic. lol)
Let me give you my super tasty version of the recipe (this part is mine):
- Avocado prep: Halve it, pop the pit out, and peel the shell off. That little dip where the pit was, cut out that portion of the avocado so there’s just a hole straight through on each. (You can save these cut-outs and throw them in the pan with everything else.)
- Heat a pan to whatever works best for you. I had to put mine on the lowest setting, but you gotta go by your stove. Add a bit of margarine/pam.
- Put the avocado halves in the pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Immediately crack eggs into holes. IT’S OKAY IF THE WHITE SPILLS OVER! Just put your cut-out pieces in there; it’ll look like green eggs from the Dr. Seuss books.
- Sprinkle more salt, pepper, and onion powder on top to taste. Cover and let cook until solid, but not completely done. About half way.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and use a big spatula to flip. Recover and cook until desired style.
- EAT IT!
This was so super tasty. And filling!